Friday, March 11, 2011

You don't hear this very often!



1973- When I was a kid, 15 years old, feigning illness, I went to bed early, around 7:00 pm. Within 20 minutes I'd snuck out of my bedroom window - stuffing pillows under the blankets, and drove with a kid who had a dark green (if I remember right) 1968 Oldsmobile Hurst, 150 miles south of my home town, Willows, to the Oakland Coliseum to see a Bob Dylan concert- . We got to the concert just as Dylan was taking the stage, around 10. 
Dylan played for about 3 hours, the concert was epic! He gave one encore- the song:  'Senior'. He told the audience, "Tonight my SON was born, (I think it was his 9th kid)-  and I wrote this song for him!"


You don't hear this song played very often—maybe it's too personal?  but I found this fresh little video that someone made, and it is an odd collage of interesting images and is weirdly empty in the best sense of the word! I really don't know how it applies to anything… much… except loveAnd it simply makes me happy to remember how gutsy foolish brave, and wild i was as a kid, and still am in the most important ways!





No comments: